Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random Tired Thoughts Borne of Too Little Sleep and Too Much to Do

When I was a little girl I loved unicorns, faeries, and Princess Leia. I loved to draw fluffy cloud creatures, sing at the top of my lungs and hang upside down on the monkey bars.

What happened to me?

I'm now dependable and solid and responsible. At work I'm organized, energetic and busy.

These are not bad things.

I just miss the girl who used to sing along to the Sound of Music Soundtrack "I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly..." or sing Kermit the Frog's "Rainbow Connection".

This is all sounding hopelessly sappy and saccharine but I don't care. It's my blog and I can be a dork if I want to (remember the 60's song, "It's my party and I can cry if I want to"? It's like that).

So my point? Don't really know except that I wish I were more fun, more creative, more everything... I'm in a tired, work induced funk. Gotta go get me some more contentment and joy from Jesus. Acceptance for who I am and what I'm doing.

Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen... just want to say, "I'm with ya girl!". UGHHH! It has been such a tough week. I'm having a hard time adjusting to A going to school. In addition, L moved up to the next class in daycare. I'm exhausted, emotional, and needing to find some joy and contentment too.

Miss Ya!
Marisa

Hilty Sprouts said...

Thanks Marisa! You make me feel like less of a freak! Aren't you glad we have Jesus as our friend? Someone who loves us just as we are.

Jen

Aimee said...

have you considered running out and just buying the Sound of Music Soundtrack and blasting it as you cook dinner or do dishes? :) I'm serious! We can be responsible and solid and dependable but have fun doing it!! Seek to not take all of the life stuff too seriously and figure out how to incorporate the fun stuff along side the work stuff. Light-heartedness and responsibility don't have to be mutually exclusive...I battle with this right alongside of you and try hard to take a deep breath, realize that life is not as intense/serious as I make it out to be, and be fun and silly and spontaneous. Buy yourself a faerie or unicorn journal today just for doodling and drawing in!! :) :) :)

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I could have written this myself!!