Monday, August 31, 2009

1000 Gifts--The Thankfulness Experiment

holy experience


I am so excited to begin my own list of One Thousand Gifts along with the Gratitude Community at the Holy Experience blog!

So many times over the years I have whined and complained and completely taken for granted the beautiful gift that my life is. Never have I realized that more than during the last few weeks. Noelle's surgeries and recovery have produced in me an intense appreciation for God's love for me and the way he has blessed me with the people, places and things in my life.

I look forward to more joy in my life, simply because I am looking for it.

I thought it would be easiest to start with the first ten things that come to mind. I am thankful for...

1. hugs and kisses from sticky little hands and faces.

2. kindred spirits in the workplace.

3. friendship with my husband.

4. air conditioning.

5. celebrating 4 years of my son's life.

6. eager friends picking veggies and weeding our huge garden!

7. confident and capable surgeons.

8. good neighbors.

9. my laptop.

10. This song:

(Remember to pause the playlist at the bottom of this page)


1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Wow, what a great exercise! The emphasis the Word places on being thankful always amazes me. This is a great way to practice it! Hope this very busy week is blessed for you all. I'm tentatively planning on Friday for some weed picking!